GSoC 2012 project for phpBB.
Idea: Rich Text Editor Integration
Integration of a Rich Text Editor into phpBB core, making the use of the bulletin board a lot easier by allowing users to pick the editor that fits their needs.
I have been working on this project on different phases.
- Tweak CSS to match prosilver and subsilver(if needed)
- Learn about git submodules and try to integrate CKEditor as an asset.
- Remove unnecessary files.
- Set up an option in ACP.
- Update SQL Schema.
- Fix the phpBB smileys integration issue.
- Fix issues such as JS turned off.
- Try implementing other JS editors such as TinyMCE so that users can choose the Visual Editor they want.
- Minor changes (like following coding guidelines)
- Fix bugs (if any)
and many more…
Hoping to code all through the summer(and even after that) and contribute to the phpBB community🙂